Wednesday, November 14, 2012

"Tell everyone that there is a God"

When I was in seventh grade, I was sitting alone at a smoky mountain basketball game. A guy named Corey Fish came and sat by me, introduced himself, and talked to me for the rest of the game. Little did we know that we would need each other a few years later, when we were both diagnosed with cancer.

Corey and his parents were the first people to visit me in the hospital when I was diagnosed. They brought me a chemo survival kit, equipped with everything I would need to entertain myself during my treatments.

Whenever I was having a tough day, I would text Corey and he would say the same thing every time. "Gods got this." His faith was the strongest I have ever seen, and he helped me strengthen my faith as well.

Tonight, as we mourn the loss or our precious Corey, we should also remember to celebrate the fact that he is no longer hurting. He never has to lay in a hospital bed ever again. No
More needle pokes, or doctors, or chemo, or frustration. He is in paradise now with our sweet Karla (probably chatting away about what a pain cancer was!) we sure will miss him... But it's not goodbye. It's never goodbye, it's "see ya later" :)

Corey's last words were "Tell everything that there is a God." Doesn't that give you chills? Corey was sent here to strengthen the faith of hundreds of other people tonight. And when you have your doubts about God, which I know most people do sometimes, remember these words Corey said. There is a God. Thank you Corey Fish, for the constant reminder.. Thank you for being the biggest inspiration of my life. Thank you for helping me fight for my life while you were also fighting for your own. I love you.

Please send up prayers for Corey's family and friends tonight. Please also pray for the Foxx family as they deal with the unexpected loss of an amazing woman.

"When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. when life throws toy a curve ball you hit a home run. but what do
You do when life throws you a grenade? you pray" - corey fish

Everyone, there IS a God.




No comments:

Post a Comment